Imagining a Better Future by Re-imagining the Past

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Wiremux on YouTube

Previously, I’ve written about a subgenre of Dieselpunk music called ‘Dark Cabaret’. Wikipedia defines it as, “a particular musical genre which draws on the aesthetics of the decadent, risqué German Weimar-era cabarets, burlesque and vaudeville shows with the stylings of post-1970s goth and punk music.”

For being such a small indie genre there are a surprising number of bands to listen to. Wikipedia lists approximately 60 different Dark Cabaret bands. This, of course, means there are many more out there.

Where does one begin to listen to Dark Cabaret? Good luck on finding a local radio station with it. And who wants to just blindly dump money into downloads or CDs without knowing what you're getting? The Wiremux channel on YouTube is the solution.



Wiremux has several choices for Dark Cabaret as well as Noir. Each set runs from forty-five minutes to over an hour of music. One will find a wide range of songs by a large variety of artists.


Not in the mood for Dark Cabaret? Wiremux also has other Dieselpunk subgenres such as Swing and Electro Swing.

Just who is this mysterious Wiremux that gives us such great selections of hard to find tunes? According to the Wiremux YouTube homepage,

I create music playlists as a hobby and upload them so that people who share my musical taste can listen to them online. I do not monetize my music playlists and I have never earned money with this YouTube account. I do not have any copyright claims on my playlists, nor do I own anything that's in them. All songs I upload belong to the artists who perform/write them.

I highly recommend the Wiremux channel and blog.

No comments: